A programme designed to help children handle conflict more effectively.
Children participating in the programme will learn:
- to understand their feelings of anger and identify their personal ‘hot buttons’
- the difference between anger and violence
- to recognise their physical anger signs
- how to understand their own ‘self talk’
- techniques to calm down and centre themselves after they have stepped back from a volatile / angry situation
- to set and achieve realistic goals and plans for using their anger management skills in daily life
- concepts and skills that will empower them to manage their anger.
Parents participating will learn:
- Understanding what motivates anger.
- Learning to understand the difference between anger and violence.
- Learning strategies for using anger positively.
- Understanding how to provide an environment where they can help make the changes.
This programme is likely to run in Terms 1 and 2 2018.